Monday, August 19, 2013

Home Sewing Tips of the 1920s - Pleated Flounces are Smart Fashion

Do you want to add smart  accents to your afternoon frock? In this 1920 sewing tip from fashion columnist and sewing expert Ruth Wyeth Spears, you learn how to add tiers of tiny pleats (plaits) to your straight little frock.  Sewing machines in those days had an add-on tool that created these tiny pleats easily. Today there are other tools, such as pleating tape and the Perfect Pleater tool, for example.
 

Enjoy this inspiring tip!

2 comments:

  1. I actually have one of those vintage sewing machine pleater tools (lucky me). I am going to have to try this out some time with it!

    Brigid
    The Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so cool, Brigid! I think I might have one as well (I have a antique Singer with a host of tools). Time to dig it out and see! If you ever find time to create some pleats, let me know - I'd love to see the results. (and I'll do likewise). :)

    ReplyDelete